is this where we complain about the weather?

Rant, rave, complain, get it out here...
scotts
USHPA Rating: P4

is this where we complain about the weather?

Postby scotts » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:35 pm

alright, I'm jumpin on this bandwagon; ready to complain about the weather and lack of flyable days these past weeks/months. we got a sledder in today before the clouds built up and didn't look so friendly for about the rest of the day. I was promised 5 flyable days per week by now, but its still about only 2 as it has been since I got my P2 late fall. so, what's the deal!?? :shock:

on a positive note, my baby girl had her fisrt good laugh today- youtube cat video... shes about 3 months old now and super cute and easy. we are lucky; so who am I to complain about something as silly as the weather?!
happy fathers day.

Sam Crater

Re: is this where we complain about the weather?

Postby Sam Crater » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:56 am

scotts wrote:...I was promised 5 flyable days per week by now,...

HAHAHAHAHAHA did they also sell you some real estate in Florida? </sarcasm>

It's true that this time of year we may get 5 days a week where there is a flyable hour sometime during the day. For what it's worth, it's not too unusual to have few really good days until July and then see late summer be more productive. But any time of year, a week with five truly good days is rare.

Mike Jobin
USHPA Rating: p4/t3

Postby Mike Jobin » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:37 pm

I was promised 5 flyable days per week by now, but its still about only 2 as it has been since I got my P2 late fall. so, what's the deal!?? :shock:

Yeah, I was promised the same thing when I started... Good thing Rich J. convinced NOAA to make forecasts more conducive for us and our sport. Now that Rich has retired, there is no one at NOAA with our interests in mind. Instead, they concentrate all there efforts on tornados, hail storms, super cells, etc. I guess 10% chance of storms is too boring for them. Maybe you can get ahold of someone there and express our needs for better soaring forecasts. :lol:

HangDiver
USHPA Rating: H4

Postby HangDiver » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:39 pm

Maybe I can get someone at NOAA to drop some quarters in the workstation. :wink:

scotts

Postby scotts » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:57 pm

I guess this banter thing worked, because I've now flown every day for the past 8 days! Maybe 1/2 of those days were just short sledders, but the other half have been my best flights yet at lookout. I've also been reminded how unforgiving our sport can be this past week, and had some time to reflect whether this is something I should even be doing with my time and family.....
Scott S.
P4; skywalk Chilli3S; Mesa, AZ of all places!
Get busy living!

scotts

Postby scotts » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:11 am

This seemed to work last time, so I'm going to renew it. been too many no fly days in a row now! and with the monsoon starting... good thing I just started a major bathroom remodel to keep me busy for awhile here. :roll:
the garden will be happy as long as it survives the beating. could be worse, too. could be on fire like the past years. so, enjoy the new climate, here!

Return to “Banter”