2017 RMHPA Officers

All official announcements and notifications about club operations.
Benzie
USHPA Rating: P3

2017 RMHPA Officers

Postby Benzie » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:23 am

Folks, Here is the break down of the 2017 RMHPA Officers, first list is showing you what is current, next list is showing you who's staying or nominated. Staying in shown in Red and Nominated is shown in Blue.

I know I said I wouldn't run for office this coming year but I thought about it and talked with some key people and decided to stay. I will be taking a step back and take on the VP position again, I feel that is a better fit for me and Gary will do a great job at delegating as the new President.

If you know someone that may be interested in being an officer nominate them here and I'll add their name to the list, you can also nominate yourself. Even if a 2016 officer is staying doesn't mean that someone else can't run for that position, all positions are open for new nominations. Also, if you want you can give a few bullet points on why you want to be part of the RMHPA BOD.

Voting will be held in person at the 2017 Banquet January 15th.

Current:
President: Benzie
Vice President: Gary Vaillancourt
Treasurer: Sam Crater
Secretary: Dave Hach
Webmaster: Don Hilmuth
Safety Director: Jacob Hildebrand
Hang Gliding Flight Director: Kim Croy
Miniwing Flight Director: Ben DeVoti
Paragliding Flight Director: Jack Harlow

Staying or Nominated:
President: Gary Vaillancourt
Vice President: Benzie
Treasurer: Joe Wright
Secretary: Dave Hach (Staying)
Webmaster: Don Hilmuth (Staying) Help: Darren Jack
Safety Director: Jacob Hildebrand (Staying)
Hang Gliding Flight Director: Kim Croy (Staying)
Miniwing Flight Director: Ben DeVoti (Staying)
Paragliding Flight Director: Ed Williams

Below shows a basic baseline of each position, each position can take on more responsibilities if they want

President. The president shall be the principal executive officer of the
corporation and shall, in general, supervise and control all of the business and affairs of the corporation.
He or she shall preside at all meetings of the members. He or she may sign any deeds, mortgages, bonds,
contracts, or other instruments that the Board of Directors has authorized to be executed. He or she will
ensure the corporation’s status with the Secretary of State is and remains current. In general, he or she shall
perform all duties incident to the office of the president and such other duties as may be prescribed by the

Vice-President. The vice-president is the parliamentarian at all monthly membership
meetings. He or she is the co-chairperson for all corporate committees. In the absence of the president or
in the event of his or her inability or refusal to act, the vice-president shall perform the duties of the
president, and when so acting, shall have all the powers of and be subject to all the restrictions upon the
president. In addition, the Vice President will arrange to have at least one guest speaker at a selected
corporate meeting during their tenure.

Treasurer. The treasurer shall have charge and custody of and be responsible for
all funds and securities of the corporation. He or she will receive and give receipts for monies due and
payable to the corporation from any source whatsoever. He or she will deposit all such monies in the name
of the corporation in such banks, trust, companies, or other depositories as shall be selected by the Board of
Directors and shall perform such other duties as may be incident to the office of Treasurer.

Secretary. The secretary shall keep the minutes of the meetings of the members.
He or she will see that all notices are duly given in accordance with the provisions of these Bylaws or as
required by law. He or she will be the custodian of the corporate records. He or she will keep a register of
the post office address of each member which shall be furnished to the secretary by such members. In
general, he or she will perform all duties incident to the office of secretary and such other duties as from
time to time may be assigned to him or her by the president or by the Board of Directors. In addition, the
Secretary will be responsible for mailing the paper copies of the newsletter to members wishing to receive
the newsletter in this format.

Flight Director/s. The flight director will concentrate on planning and coordinating
corporate contest and fun Flight Operations. His or her duties include, but are not limited to: ensuring
flying events and prizes (if any) are announced in advance, keeping event records, and coordinating with
the Safety Director, Treasurer and President as necessary regarding flying events. In addition, the Flight
Director is responsible for encouraging Site Guide updates from members.

Safety Director. The safety director will assist in coordinating corporate events
with the goal that corporate activities are accident free. This is to include but is not limited to: assisting in
filing accident reports to the USHGA, coordinating schedules of events, and working with the Flight
Director on activities and pilot qualifications. In addition, the Safety Director will coordinate or initiate
and manage at least one safety clinic during their tenure in office.

Webmaster. The webmaster is responsible for layout and functionality available
on the corporation’s website. He or she will maintain contact with the server host and will work with the
host to ensure availability of the website as much as possible and that the website address registration is,
and remains, current. He or she will make content updates as requested by Directors of the corporation.
BENZIE
RMHPA Vice President
SPOT Tracking page: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... KRTQlk6lM3

garyvail
USHPA Rating: P4,M2

Re: 2017 RMHPA Officers

Postby garyvail » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:41 am

I have had the chance to work with some of you and some of you I have not. So i thought i should post my goals as President if voted in by the membership:

I would like to continue and build on initiatives we have worked on as a club for the past 4 years. My goal is to listen and delegate to help build our club resources. This will ensure strengthening our club’s reputation and secure our flying sites for the future.

#1- I would like to concentrate on building and growing the membership. We need to continue to make the club and all-inclusive rocky mountain region free flight club. Things I would like to make happen:
• Have more site outreach events and meetings to include other flying groups, Boulder, Vail, Grand junction, and Villa grove.
• Establish a more streamlined online membership registering system and facilitate a membership committee that can help drive membership and educate as to what RMHPA does for the free flight community.
• Establish site committees for all of our sites that can report back to the officers about issues specific to each site. Safety, communication with local government and land owners, monetary or site improvement needs, and community outreach.

#2 – Continue to work with Jeffco , City of Golden , CSM, and Jefferson county to secure our flying sites into the future and maintain our good steward reputation.

#3- Listen to the membership on what everyone would like to see and ideas to promote free flight in the rocky mountain region.

#4 – General Goals as president:
• Continue to promote a safety culture
• Create an all-inclusive club atmosphere for new pilots and longtime members
• Empower our members to contribute and be part of the great flying community RMHPA has by delegating and listening to officers and members

thanks

-Gary

Return to “Club Announcements”