July Happenings and Reminders

All official announcements and notifications about club operations.
Benzie
USHPA Rating: P3

July Happenings and Reminders

Postby Benzie » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:20 am

Hello everyone just wanted to touch base on the some things that need to be highlighted for this up coming month

Friday July 8th - Sunday 10th

(Some of us may carpool so if you are interested in going post up here on the forum)

From Debbie Platte

David Platt Memorial Service
For Those attending David's service here are the details. If you have any questions please message or call me (Debbie Platt) and i will be glad to... help in any way i can.
-The weather looks to be in the low 80's. It should be a nice weekend. Bring a light jacket, the nights do get cool.
-July 8 @ 5pm Hilton For social hour(s) we would love for all to join us.
-July 9 @ 10:30am at the roof top of the Bear Tree Tavern in Centennial Wyoming for celebration of life. Beverages and Pizza served until 3pm. Please feel free to stay as long as you like.
3pm is check in for those staying at the Vee Bar Guest Ranch. We would love to invite anyone who would like to come to the Vee Bar and continue the celebration. We plan on bringing corn hole and other yard games. Should be fun! There is also the Medicine Bow National Forest just up the road...please drive up to Lake Marie. This was always one of his favorite places to go. There is lots of fishing, hiking, and camping up in the forest. --
-July 10. For anyone staying this day, please join me at my home to cook out and relax and of course, to share stories.
-Thank you to all who have been so supportive of the family. It means so much. We love you all.

Thursday July 14th
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6228

You can either RSVP with me or do what Tim says on the link above, if you do go please contact me first, I do want to give some key points to add to your agenda.

Hi Benzie,

Hope this finds you well, thanks for your response to my message! The Golden Parks and Recreation Department has recently commissioned an updated Parks, Recreation and Open Space Master Plan. The intent of this comprehensive plan is to identify our community’s park, recreation and open space needs so we can proactively plan for the future.

In order to identify these needs, we are asking for your help in participating in upcoming focus groups. The group participants will be asked to weigh in on the extent to which Golden’s parks, recreation facilities, programs, and services meet the needs of the community. The meetings will may last up to 120 minutes.

The focus groups will take place on Thursday, July 14th. To accommodate your busy schedule, a variety of meeting times are available on a first come first serve basis.

· 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at Golden City Hall in the Council Chambers (911 10th St.)

· 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. at the Golden Community Center in the Bear Creek South Room (1470 10th St.)

· 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at the Golden Community Center in the Bear Creek South Room

It would be fantastic have a representative from your paragliding community attend one of these sessions. Let me know if so, and if any of these time slots would work. Snacks will be served!

Kindly

Ashby Leavell

Saturday July 16th 8am -12pm

Back LZ clean up - Please RSVP to me if you haven't already. I've only got a couple of people helping, I know that we have at least 25 more people that can come and help.
Meeting at 7:30am at the water tank LZ carpooling down to the main LZ leaving by 7:55am. Please bring water and work gloves (maybe long pants and long sleeves)

Please don't go to the LZ parking lot taking up the limited space available, just meet at the water tank parking just past the pillars on lookout mountain road.

Clean up starts at 8am and ends by 12pm or sooner if we can get a large group.

Wednesday July 20th

Club Meeting - Agenda coming soon
7:00pm - 9pm
Buffalo Rose
1119 Washington Ave
Golden, CO 80401
(303) 278-6800
BENZIE
RMHPA Vice President
SPOT Tracking page: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... KRTQlk6lM3

Dr Gonzo
USHPA Rating: T3, M2

Re: July Happenings and Reminders

Postby Dr Gonzo » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:20 pm

I'm down to carpool up there for either fri/sat or just sat there and back.

Return to “Club Announcements”