Hike & Fly - Spot Landing Clinic 2018

All official announcements and notifications about club operations.
aalendi
USHPA Rating: P2

Hike & Fly - Spot Landing Clinic 2018

Postby aalendi » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:15 pm

Hey guys,

I know I've hinted at this over the past two meetings, but it's finally happening. We have been granted approval to run the first annual hike and fly / spot landing event, in Boulder. The event will be on July 7th and will run from 8:00am to 11:00am. The goal for all participating pilots will be to hike to the lower launch as many times as possible, execute a safe launch, and perform a spot landing. Instructors and senior pilots will be on launch to grade your performance and give you feedback.

This event is for all skill levels and the aim is to promote safety and encourage everyone to make good decisions. Pilots will be graded higher for taking safe launches, for landing in close proximity to the spot, and for getting the most laps in. More about the scoring and competition will be released in the coming weeks. Please visit the registration form, by following the below link, to get signed up. If you need to cancel, send me a message and I'll take you off the list.

If it sounds like a competition... well it's not. Boulder OSMP does not like that word!

Here are the details. They have also been published to the calendar:

Event Timing:
-Saturday, July 7th, 2018
-Participants need to be in the LZ at 7:45am for event brief
-Event runs from 8:00am to 11:00am
-Post-event BBQ starts promptly at 11:00am, at the picnic shelters

Event Location: Boulder LZ, Foothills Community Park

This event is free to all current RMHPA members. Register here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScRbbg4DvOPKfyWkT6SinZwLLSLdIZxejh879stOUSYTMJG1g/viewform?usp=sf_link

Hope to see you all there!

Adam

Return to “Club Announcements”