Time for community involvement

This is for the general discussion of free flight topics.
flytm
USHPA Rating: T3, P4

Time for community involvement

Postby flytm » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:29 pm

Friends, here's a golden opportunity for us to have a voice in the future of parks/open-space in Golden. How many of us can sign up and be present for the focus groups?

Parks & Recreation focus groups seeking participants

The Golden Parks and Recreation Department has recently commissioned an updated Parks, Recreation and Open Space Master Plan. The intent of this comprehensive plan is to identify our community's park, recreation and open space needs so we can proactively plan for the future. In order to identify these needs, we are asking for your help in participating in upcoming focus groups. The group participants will be asked to weigh in on the extent to which Golden's parks, recreation facilities, programs, and services meet the needs of the community. The meetings will consist of approximately 10 - 20 participants and may last up to 120 minutes. The focus groups will take place on Thursday, July 14. A variety of meeting times are available on a first come first serve basis.

Please contact Ashby Leavell in Parks and Recreation at aleavell@cityofgolden.net or 303-384-8191 with questions or to reserve your spot!

Benzie
USHPA Rating: P3

Re: Time for community involvement

Postby Benzie » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:34 am

Tim,

Thanks for getting this out, I was contacted by Ashby Leavell last Wednesday to see who would be showing up. I spaced getting the word out (too many other things on my plate) so again thanks for posting this.

Just so you know, Yes it's open to anyone but it's not just a free for all for who shows up. She needs a head count for each time slot because they have limited space, so when she contacted me she asked me who's showing. So, if anyone is interested please RSVP me via here or my email and let me know if you can show.

There is a specific message we would love to convey to City of Golden about our sport, so who ever is going please contact me so I can let you know what we need to say to them.

Thanks,
BENZIE
RMHPA Vice President
SPOT Tracking page: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... KRTQlk6lM3

flytm

Postby flytm » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:28 am

If you respond to the link/email, they'll get back in touch with you and give you a few options on which session you may attend.

I'll report back on my experience at the next meeting.

In my previous years volunteering on the annual process for GOCO grant solicitations, I've found them to be genuinely interested in community input with constructive suggestions. Important to know that events like this are but small steps in the overall process. Express sincere respectful interest. If you have suggestions, get your ducks and strategies in a row before you go. Have hard numbers.

Be good community members. Good neighbors. Participate.

Benzie
USHPA Rating: P3

Postby Benzie » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:47 am

So I'm guessing I've been pinched out of this one, I guess if you want to go just do what Tim said.
BENZIE
RMHPA Vice President
SPOT Tracking page: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... KRTQlk6lM3

flytm

Postby flytm » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:49 pm

Not sure why Benzie feels "pinched out". It's a public forum. Everyone welcome and encouraged. Follow the link, make your affiliation known. It's not an 'either-or' proposition.

And I wasn't aware that the club had an official message or representative for these things. I was responding to an email I got from the city, and since I hadn't seen any mention on the message board, I posted up. Sorry if I've stepped on any toes. If there's a PIO or protocol to follow, somebody please let me know so I can reinforce that message. If there's an official club representative to attend these things, let me know and I will refer them to our PIO.

We're all on the same team.

Let me know what I can do to help.

Return to “General Discussion”